The apartments were priced from $998,000 for a studio to over $4 million for a four-bedroom premium unit with a private lift. Photo: CDL
Irwell Hill Residences, a 99-year leasehold residential development of City Developments Limited (CDL) in District 9, sold 278 units or over 50% of its 540 units during its launch weekend.
Singaporeans accounted for about 80% of the buyers, while the other 20% comprise permanent residents and foreigners from Malaysia, China, Australia, Indonesia, the UK and South Korea.
Units range from 398 sq ft for a studio to 1,582 sq ft for a four-bedroom premium, as well as three sky penthouses measuring between 2,185 sq ft and 2,605 sq ft. The apartments were priced from $998,000 for a studio to over $4 million for a four-bedroom premium unit with a private lift.
CDL noted that all unit types were well-received by homebuyers, with one-bedroom plus study and two-bedders being the most popular. One four-bedroom penthouse was also sold for more than $9 million, or $4,123 per sq ft (psf).
“We are delighted with the strong take-up for Irwell Hill Residences, which marks CDL’s first residential launch for the year. The overwhelmingly positive response reflects the demand for well-located and thoughtfully designed properties,” said CDL Group Chief Executive Officer Sherman Kwek.
Featuring two 36-storey towers, the development is located at Irwell Hill, near the upcoming Great World MRT station, Orchard MRT station and the Orchard Road shopping belt.
Designed by architecture firms MVRDV and ADDP, Irwell Hill Residences comes with a champagne gold pixel-patterned façade.
Kwek revealed that over 75% of the development is filled with lush greenery, which includes four conserved raintrees. For the convenience of residents who are working from home, the development’s function rooms are equipped to host conferences and meetings. Irwell Vista, situated at Level 24 of both towers, also offers workstations equipped with charging points and WiFi known as Vista Co-Work.
The Irwell Hill Residences sales gallery is located off Irwell Bank Road right next to the actual site and is open daily from 10am to 7pm, by appointment only.
Looking for a property in Singapore? Visit PropertyGuru’s Listings, Project Reviews and Guides.
Victor Kang, Digital Content Specialist at PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact him about this story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org